A few weeks ago we visited Lincoln State Park, boyhood home of Abraham Lincoln. We hiked, swam, canoed, explored, ate chips out of the bag and honey buns for breakfast:) And YES we stayed in a tent and the kids loved it, all of it. Nathan and I enjoyed it also; it was very educational. However I think we were more interested in that part. For some reason we only appreciate history as we get older. Why is that??? Maybe because we learn that these moments too will be history someday to our children.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Lincoln State Park
A few weeks ago we visited Lincoln State Park, boyhood home of Abraham Lincoln. We hiked, swam, canoed, explored, ate chips out of the bag and honey buns for breakfast:) And YES we stayed in a tent and the kids loved it, all of it. Nathan and I enjoyed it also; it was very educational. However I think we were more interested in that part. For some reason we only appreciate history as we get older. Why is that??? Maybe because we learn that these moments too will be history someday to our children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment