I can't believe it's here, his first day of kindergarten was yesterday. I got all my crying and wondering if I had made the right decision done the night before. I promised myself if he didn't cry I wasn't going to cry. The night before IJ told Nathan they needed to get to bed early because tomorrow they needed to be ready for the mission field; he said, "I have to go to school and you have to go to work to tell people about God." My heart melted when I heard him say this. Mrs. Brown (his teacher) read the kissing hand and had all the kids draw a heart on their parents hand and then we drew one on their hand and kissed it. It was really sweet. I thought Freda might cry, but she didn't and our day flew by. My friend Melissa and her girls met us at McDonald's for the morning which was such a blessing to take my mind off of him being away. He had a wonderful day and they are looking for the Gingerbread man all around the school to see if they can find him. I asked him if he made any friends and he said yes but he could not remember his name, so then I asked him if he told them about Jesus and IJ said "that his friend already knew Jesus because he was saying nice things and acting good." He wanted to take flowers and a fruit roll-up to his teacher this morning, so we stuck with the flower idea, maybe another day for the fruit roll up.
Friday, August 06, 2010
IJ's First Day of Kindergarten
I can't believe it's here, his first day of kindergarten was yesterday. I got all my crying and wondering if I had made the right decision done the night before. I promised myself if he didn't cry I wasn't going to cry. The night before IJ told Nathan they needed to get to bed early because tomorrow they needed to be ready for the mission field; he said, "I have to go to school and you have to go to work to tell people about God." My heart melted when I heard him say this. Mrs. Brown (his teacher) read the kissing hand and had all the kids draw a heart on their parents hand and then we drew one on their hand and kissed it. It was really sweet. I thought Freda might cry, but she didn't and our day flew by. My friend Melissa and her girls met us at McDonald's for the morning which was such a blessing to take my mind off of him being away. He had a wonderful day and they are looking for the Gingerbread man all around the school to see if they can find him. I asked him if he made any friends and he said yes but he could not remember his name, so then I asked him if he told them about Jesus and IJ said "that his friend already knew Jesus because he was saying nice things and acting good." He wanted to take flowers and a fruit roll-up to his teacher this morning, so we stuck with the flower idea, maybe another day for the fruit roll up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing!! I was praying for you, and KNEW that you'd be ok. It doesn't mean that you'll never cry when he leaves for school - but you did great the first day!! I can't wait to see how God answers our prayers for your children, for you, for your marriage, home and ministry.. <3 your heart!!
I totally understand the sadness. It is crazy how fast time goes by with these kids. I love all of the pictures as always & miss you TONS!!!
Makes me a little teary eyed too.
Time flies!
Post a Comment