Monday, February 02, 2009

Ice Days







We survived, thanks to my mom's Gas logs and Gas Stove and Gas water heater!!!!However she still does not have power (or my sister) and ours came back on at the cabin on Friday afternoon. I thank God for doing the unexpected to help us slow down and enjoy the simple, everlasting moments. Here are a few......When it finally got dark on Tuesday night, IJ just could not figure out why there was no electricty, he was whining and finally asked "Can't we just go to Wal-Mart and buy some. " It was to funny. I just knew the next place would be Target, but he didn't bother then. Reading lots of books, playing lots of cars, and waking up when the sun came up and going to bed when it got dark.... Nathan was off all week, so the kids enjoyed lots of wrestling time with daddy. We did go stay the night at Grand Country Inn in Branson, with the indoor waterpark on Thurs night. The kids had a blast and it was a bargain price at $45. I did not get to take pictures (memory card full, no way to download, etc....) I feel like it was a vacation for me, no laudry, easy cook-in meals, no driving anywhere and no "I want to watch cartoons....."



No comments: