Thursday, August 06, 2009

Ultrasound Update

A few weeks ago we went in for our routine ultrasound at 22 weeks. The baby was healthy overall however when Dr Diacon (the ultrasound Dr) came in we told him we were concerned about the lip and pallet area. Nathan's youngest brother was born with a cleft lip and pallet (he is perfect now). He confirmed that he was pretty sure the baby had a cleft pallet and lip. At first I was at peace about the situation cause everything else was great and I knew there could be so many other things. When we got up to Dr Leuders office (my OB) I had began to cry and think about everything that would take place from here on out, Dr appts, possible delivery at Children's, a possible move, feedings, preparing the children my mind was going 90 to nothing. Dr. Leuders said that Dr. Diacon was 95-98% sure it had a cleft pallet (we did not find out the gender). He wanted to send us to Little Rock to the Genetics Dr at UAMS to get a 100% confirmation and begin the preparation process. It was a weekend of emotions and a constant reminder from God that my children our His children and He is the ultimate one in charge, He has given them to me on loan. WELLLL.....yesterday we went to Little Rock for our confirmation that the baby had a cleft lip/pallet. We met with Genetics nurse and she went over all the proper protcal to what to expect over the rest of the pregnancy. We went back to the ultrasound room and the tech begin her measurements etc....got to the face and there was no hole. That's right no gap, hole, nothing of any sorts of a cleft. I got sick and Nathan started praising our heavenly Father. Our confirmation was OUR God is sovereign, almighty, healing, comforter. The genetics Dr came in and spent an hour and a half almost 2 looking at the face and could find nothing. Granted the baby was being a Little stubborn by that time and putting it's elbows and arms in front and completely turning the other way. We begin teasing that the baby had Anglie Jolie lips naturally. The baby is beautiful, and not that it would not have been beautiful with a cleft, because God does not make mistakes at anything. Thank you to everyone who has been praying and lifting us up. I was strengthened with His Word and my silver spoon earrings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!!! I'm grateful to hear that you received a miracle!!! Prayer is powerful, our God is sovereign and he does all for our good. I needed to hear this today Sara and be reminded of that. I have been struggling with my prayer life lately and wondering if my prayers are just hitting the ceiling and notmaking it to God's ears but I know its all in HIS time and he has everything under control and I don't have to have the answers in my time! Its all in HIS time and in his HANDS!!! praise the LORD. April M.

Waller Family said...

Boy he/she does look like they have some plump lips. I am so happy for you both. God is awesome!

Unknown said...

Praise The Lord.